Organic Kelp from the Cornish Seaweed Company
Kelp, also known as Kombu, is famously used in Japanese cooking and for its unique umami taste. A deeply detoxifying and powerful sea vegetable. A hearty seaweed that is high in iodine.
Taste: Deep umami taste, salty, sweet and smokey.
Note: Kelp needs to be soaked for 30 mins in water to reduce high iodine levels when eaten raw, although it will still be quite chewy when eaten raw. Cooking significantly reduces iodine levels.
Why not try
- Boil for 15 minutes then use instead of lasagna sheets for gluten free and low carb lasagna.
- Wrap around fish and secure with tooth pick. Then bake in the oven
- Add a strip to miso soup or stews when adding the liquid
- Cook and/or soak with beans, pulses and grains to increase digestibility.
It sure is healthy…
- High in iodine (Highest of all seaweeds)
- High in Dietary Fibre
- High in Calcium, Magnesium, Iron, Copper, Potassium and Zinc.
- High in Vitamins B7 & D
- Source of Vitamin B3
- Low in (Saturated) Fat